Vice President of Research and Development
Dr. Venkat Parimi has strong experience in multidisciplinary engineering and technology development. He has led the business development of wireless systems and captured as Principal investigator multiple R&D contracts of $12M+ from DARPA, ONR, Air Force, Navy, Army, NY State, and Industry partners, and acquisition contracts of $200M. Strong experience in bid capture and win strategies, proposal writing, contract mechanisms, product acquisition process, team-building with industry partners and universities, working with C level executives and product development teams on market requirements, tactical and strategic business planning, creating and identifying new business opportunities, execution of business development campaigns, customer presentations, research and analysis of competition, excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills, NRE, RE, ROI estimates.
Dr. Venkat Parimi has 15 years of experience in managing large programs, working with and providing direction to engineering, business development, and manufacturing teams, staff supervision and mentoring, system life cycle, cost analysis, scheduling, setting stage gates and critical path management, conducting PDR & CDR. Establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with small and large business partners, universities, and defense agencies, federal program managers, management and executive offices (PMAs & PEOs). Strong experience in earned value management (EVM) & MS tools, subcontracting, federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and familiarity with agile and spiral development models. Hired, trained, and put together cross-functional engineering (EE, mechanical, materials & manufacturing), project management and finance teams to meet project goals. Utilized persuasive and influential style of communication to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives, and clients.
He has published 70+ research papers in science and engineering journals including IEEE Transactions and Letters, Nature, Physical Review Letters, Applied Physics Letters and obtained 4 patents. Given presentations in more than 60 technical meetings.
- University of Hyderabad, India
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Applied Physics
- Director, ADWISR Center, State University of New York, Oswego, NY
- Senior Director, Defense Technology and Business, Newlands, Acton, MA
- Director, Product and Business Development, 4Lambda, Belmont, MA
- Manager, Advanced Technology, SI2 Technologies, N. Billerica, MA
- Associate Adjunct Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering & Physics
Northeastern University, MA
- Senior Engineer, Cobham Defense Electronics Systems, Bolton, MA
- Associate Research Professor and Research Scientist, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- Visiting Fellow, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India
- Junior and Senior Research Fellow, Univ. of Hyderabad, India,
- RF Consultant
- Metamagnetics, Sharon, MA
- Agiltron, Woburn, MA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Applied Mathematics
- SURMET, Burlington, MA
- American Magnetics, Oak Ridge, TN
- Board Member
- Engineering Advisory Board, State University of New York, Oswego
- MedTech Science and Technology Committee
- Metamagnetics Inc., Advisory Board
- Conference Chair, various IEEE and APS conferences
- Winner of Technology Accelerator Fund Award from the Research Foundation, SUNY, 2017
- Winner of multiple DARPA, NSF, Air Force, Navy, Army, and industry research contracts of $12M+, 2005-2017
- Winner of President’s Aspiration Award for excellence on the job at Northeastern University, Boston (2004).
- Winner of Best Paper Award, ”International Workshop on HTS – 10 years after its discovery”, Dec 1996, Jaipur, India.
- University Grants Commission Research Fellow, India, 1990-96.
- Andhra Pradesh State Merit Scholarship, 1985-1988.
- Metamaterial research profiled on the cover of Applied Physics Letters, May 16, 2005. Interviewed by the Comcast New England TV Network on Metamaterial RF Devices, June 2006. Quoted by the Scientific Press: “Breakthroughs of 2003”, SCIENCE, Dec 2003, American Physical Society APS News Vol. 13, Feb 2004, New Scientist, American Institute of Physics News, and Physics Today.