Dr. Hwaider Lin currently holds the position of President at Winchester Technologies. In his role, Dr. Lin serves as the principal investigator (PI) for several U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and industrial projects. Additionally, Dr. Lin is responsible for formulating the company’s business and research strategy and managing the business and research team.
Prior to his current position at Winchester Technologies, Dr. Hwaider Lin conducted research at the NSF ERC Center for TANMS (The Nano-systems ERC for Translational Applications of Nanoscale Multiferroic Systems Research Center), where he made significant contributions to the field. One of his notable achievements was the development of the MEMS antenna, which was published in Nature Communications and garnered attention from various media outlets such as Nature, Science, and several news websites and newspapers in multiple languages. Dr. Lin was also interviewed on television about the MEMS antenna. Furthermore, the NEMS antenna received First Prize in the NASA Tech Briefs – Create the Future Design Contest, beating over 800 entries from 60 countries.
- Northeastern University, MA, USA
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering – Microsystems, Materials, and Devices
- National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Power Mechanical Engineering
- First Prize: Create the Future Design Contest, NASA Tech Briefs magazine
(In Electronics/Sensors/IoT Category with over 800 entries from 60 countries)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Northeastern University
- In Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Engineering
- Highest honor at Northeastern University
- Three Minute Thesis Competition – Finalist, International Microwave Symposium
- Best Student Paper – Finalist, International Microwave Biomedical Conference
- ECE Distinguished Research Assistant Award, Northeastern University
- Comsol Best Poster Award, Comsol Conference, Boston, MA
- Best Student Presentation Award – Finalist, Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials